I know many people want to stay current with the latest parenting trends—attachment parenting, minimalist parenting, Tiger Mother parenting, et al. Well, I’ve stumbled upon a new technique that will guarantee your child grows up to be an exemplary student and citizen. It’s called CTFD, which stands for “Calm The Fuck Down.” And that’s not a message to give your kids. It’s for you.
Using CTFD assures you that — whichever way you choose to parent — your child will be fine (as long as you don’t abuse them, of course). To see it in action, here are some sample parenting scenarios and how CTFD can be employed:
- Worried your friend’s child has mastered the alphabet quicker than your child? Calm the fuck down.
- Scared you’re not imparting the wisdom your child will need to survive in school and beyond? Calm the fuck down.
- Concerned that you’re not the type of parent you thought you’d be? Calm the fuck down.
- Upset that your child doesn’t show interest in certain areas of learning? Calm the fuck down.
- Stressed that your child exhibits behavior in public you find embarrassing? Calm the fuck down.
Yes, using the CTFD method, you’ll find the pressure lifted and realize your child loves you no matter what, even if they’ve yet to master the alphabet. You’ll also learn that whether or not you’re the best parent in the world, as long as you love your child, they’ll think you are and that’s what matters. Plus, CTFD makes you immune to those that prey upon the fears of new parents, like pseudoscientists and parenting authors.
To use CTFD, just follow these simple steps:
- Calm the fuck down.
- There is no second step.
So, ignore all those other parenting trends and stick to CTFD. You’ll be glad you did and so will your kid.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- omervemre likes this
- gemmaisagem likes this
- love-frasca-stuff likes this
- msprincessrinoa likes this
- malicemcgee likes this
- countesspenguin reblogged this from thedaddycomplex and added:
- themotheroftucker likes this
- themotheroftucker reblogged this from thedaddycomplex
- gemmaisagem reblogged this from thedaddycomplex and added:
- kevindoesnothing likes this
- manicsuppressive likes this
- landmerbabe likes this
- spirit-of-the-game likes this
- everydayjewels likes this
- miniaturebee reblogged this from thedaddycomplex and added:
- miniaturebee likes this
- mich-28 likes this
- handsomeguy0975 reblogged this from thedaddycomplex and added:
- dan-arch likes this
- adivorceddad likes this
- mmjgwrites reblogged this from thedaddycomplex
- mmjgwrites likes this
- thisiswhyri reblogged this from thedaddycomplex
- shitthatneedstobeseen reblogged this from timmytm
- toad-allyawesomenails likes this
- timmytm reblogged this from thedaddycomplex
- timmytm likes this
- deegez likes this
- blogashleymiller likes this
- hornjohnhorn reblogged this from thedaddycomplex
- sebhoagie reblogged this from thedaddycomplex and added:
- paigefrancesu likes this
- themoparadise likes this
- faux-ma likes this
- kathleenelder reblogged this from thedaddycomplex and added:
- suzjeffs reblogged this from thedaddycomplex
- parasiticrelationship likes this
- coffeeandcee likes this
- katiej2 reblogged this from thedaddycomplex
- katiej2 likes this
- lametisse likes this
- martinaspixels likes this
- marcusthetoken likes this
- pathwaystp likes this
- britnystarr reblogged this from thedaddycomplex
- icimementomori likes this
- camilearaujo reblogged this from thedaddycomplex
- camilearaujo likes this